Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Scrubs

Several years ago, when my son was still a baby and drinking nothing but formula, he used to get a lot of ear infections. Often, when he would get them he would throw up a lot. I don't mean just a little bit of spit up. We are talking projectile vomiting and losing the entire content of his stomach. I often was the recipient of said vomit.

One particular night, he was having a really rough time. He had a high fever and had thrown up a couple of times. We called our family doctor and he told us to take him up to the Bowie Health Center. I was in the exam room with my son, and holding him to try to help him calm down. He proceeded to vomit all over my shirt. The Health Center was kind enough to supply me with a surgical scrub top.

I offered to bring it back the next day, but they told me not to worry about it and to keep the top.  I continue to wear it to this day.  I love it.  It is so comfortable to wear.  Usually I wear it when I am lounging around the house and just want something comfortable.  I have also worn the top with a pair of old army pants as part of a Halloween costume back when the TV show M*A*S*H was popular.

My old scrub top is starting to get a little worn, and as I have gotten older, it has gotten a little tighter.  I think it has shrunk.  That is why I was happy to have the opportunity to blog about Blue Sky Scrubs and their line of nursing scrubs.  Blue Sky Scrubs has a wide assortment of stylish scrubs for men, women, and even kids.  They also offer lab coats and other accessories.

So, if you are a medical professional, or you just like the comfort of wearing scrubs, you should check out Blue Sky Scrubs.  The products they offer are a lot more stylish than the thin blue top that I have with a DC General Hospital silk screened on the chest.  When I am ready to buy my next scrubs, I may even go for the scrub pants for a complete ensemble. 


Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. nice shirt, looks casual and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pair of scrub bottoms... they really are worn out, but it took about 20 years. Love 'em

    ReplyDelete
  3. They definitely look comfortable Kelly

    Shark, my top was used when I got it, and I have had it about 15 years and it is still going strong. Definitely have to get some scrub pants soon

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails