Saturday, January 28, 2012

Adgitize, Entrecard, and Blogging Traffic

entrecardashboard
Image by Moshimishie ♥ - Hiatus via Flickr
Like a lot of bloggers who had been using the Adgitize advertising network, I was very upset when Ken Brown announced that he was closing the service down.  At that time, I had decided that I would go back to using Entrecard and give them another try.  Things had been going well the past three weeks.  It had appeared that Entrecard had improved a bit since I last used them regularly.

That is, until last night.  Last night around midnight, I was visiting several blogs using the Entrecard toolbar with Firefox.  It worked well for about 30 minutes when all of a sudden I started getting an error message saying that my search had failed.  I tried visiting the Entrecard website to go into my dashboard and drop inbox only to see the following error.
Entrecard is having technical issues. Any of the following may apply: 
  • We may be suffering extreme load (lots of people) 
  • We may be upgrading our server software 
  • We may be suffering from a serious bug 
We have on-call people watching the system, outages are unlikely to last more than 10 minutes. We apologise profusely for the inconvenience.
That was 14 hours ago and the system still is down. I have been able to do a few drops when I find a blog with a widget, but sooner or later you end up hitting a dead end when the next ad you come across is one you have already visited. I certainly hope that this is a temporary issue with the network and will be back and running soon.

In the distinct possibility that Entrecard has breathed its last, I started looking for some other sites to help build traffic.  One of the things I did was sign up with Zimbio.  I found another traffic exchange that I am currently trying out, but I am not sure if it is going to be using long term.  The site is called Blog Clicker and it is very similar to Blog Explosion if anybody remembers how that works.

You sign into the system and it opens up a browser page with a Blog Clicker tool bar.  You visit the site and a countdown appears in the bar.  When the countdown reaches zero, you earn a credit for every site you visit which is then exchanged for visits to your site. So far, I have not seen quite as many quality blogs as I have seen on Adgitize and Entrecard, but it is early yet.  If you want to check them out here is a link

Enhanced by Zemanta

16 comments:

  1. That's a coincidence!I have been trying since morning to do the drops on the EC widget since I couldnt login ,I tried blogclicker to get some blog exposure ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Entrecard does this every once in a while... Sometimes it lasts a couple of days until someone finally gives the server a kick :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been using my browser's history function to do drops on blogs I visited in the past few days. They still seem to be counting, as the message after I have dropped has been changing as I reach 50 and 100.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having the same problem with entrecard. Glad its just not me.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. dropping does not work no matter what browser you use.entrecard is off line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you're the one who broke EC!! (kidding of course). This happens every once in a while and, for me, I enjoy having to take a break. The only other time I get one is when we have a hurricane and lose power. I wouldn't waste time trying to do any drops - although they look like they are going through they aren't being counted. Also, DO NOT use traffic exchanges if you have google ads on your site - a real quick way to get booted from Adsense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Usuallly I drop for 200 per day by using a EC toolbar, but I have the same issues like you do. I hope it's just temporary. It has been running for 30 hours.. are they in vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny how everyone gets so upset over a small outage. EC should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is fun, when it works. Periodic outage is one thing, it is the better part of two days now

      Delete
  9. My blog traffic goes down due to this problem because most of my visitors came from entrecard drops. I hope they will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny -- I got tired of problems just like this one and didn't mess with Entrecard for a couple of years. I've been back about two weeks and -- bam -- here we go again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had stopped using them because it seemed like I kept getting viruses from some of the sites

      Delete
  11. thank God! I thought I was the only one having problems...time to check out Zimbio and BlogClicker. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's been fixed now. I reported it to Phirate on twitter. entrecredits.com might not be coming back though...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Same problems with Entrecard, only since yesterday I am managing few drops. More painfully I put $10 in their Sponsor Ads about a month back, after demise of Adgitize, and till now I am not being able to create a new ad. They don't refund money and the 'serious bug' in their system has been more painful to me than them. What to do?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails