Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Let me start off by saying Happy New Year to everybody.  I hope that you had a safe and happy New Year's Eve.  Traditionally, the start of the new year is a time when everybody hopes to make a fresh start.  Usually, it is filled with all sorts of New Year's resolutions that more often than not, at least in my experience, do not come to fruition.

In years past, I have stayed away from making resolutions just because the calendar turns to January 1st.  I have to be of the frame of mind to actually want to make that change in my life for it to be effective for me.  When I am mentally prepared to make a change and have that mindset, that is when I am able to achieve those goals.  So it does not matter if it is January 1st or March 1st.

This year, however, I have been thinking a lot about making some changes.  Like a lot of people, I struggle with my weight.  I have documented here previously that I have sleep apnea.  Excess weight exacerbates the situation.  Also, my doctor has told me that my blood sugar is starting to creep up into the pre-diabetic range. So, like a lot of people this New Year, one of my goals (I hate to say resolution) is to change my behavior and get my weight under control.

Aside from weight and general health and fitness resolutions, a lot of people want to improve their financial situation in the coming year.  With home mortgage rates at such historic lows, there is no better way to improve your financial state of affairs than by lowering your expense.  If you are a homeowner with good credit and haven't taken advantage of the lower interests rates, you might want to click here to see what is available where you live.

Health and finances are high up on my list of resolutions for 2012.  That, and continuing to blog on a regular basis and get ready for the 2012 elections.  Have you set any resolutions for yourself this year?  If so, share them here.  There is no better motivation to hitting your goals than by letting everybody knows what they are so they can help keep you on track.  Once again, Happy New Year!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails