Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What a Pain in the Neck

On Friday, I went to the doctor to get checked out after experiencing some numbness and weakness in my left arm and leg.  At the time, the doctor thought that it may be a bulging disc in both my neck and back so he sent me to get some x-rays done.  Yesterday, his office called me to inform me that I needed to come in for a follow up and that the x-rays showed some inflammation in both the neck and back that was causing my pain.

It got me thinking about a book that I picked up when I attended the Natural Products Expo in Anaheim, CA last year.  One of the vendors at the show had Jack Challem in attendance giving away and signing copies of his book The Inflammation Syndrome.  The gist of the book is that chronic inflammation can lead to a host of ailments, aches, and pain.  Since I have been reading most of my books on the Kindle, I have yet to read the book, but started it today.

The book talks about how the foods we eat and drink can lead to chronic inflammation.  If we learn to eat the right foods, we can reverse the inflammation in our system and cure ourselves.  I firmly believe that the human body has a tremendous capacity for self healing.  Of course, having that knowledge and belief is only as good as our capacity for putting the correct behaviors into practice.

In addition to changing the diet to help reduce the inflammation that causes problems in the body, there are a number of different supplements and wellness items that can help. Nopalea is a wellness beverage that is derived from the fruit of the Nopal Cactus.  The fruit of the Nopal cactus has been utilized by the native people of the Southwestern US and Mexico for its healing properties.

Nopalea contains rare and potent antioxidants that have been shown to help the body reduce inflammation.  Right now, you can get a free 32 oz sample bottle of this wellness drink.  All you have to do is call 1-800-203-7063.  There will be a $9.95 charge to cover the cost of shipping.  It can be a first step towards naturally helping your body to reduce inflammation.

2 comments:

  1. I want to highlight one BIG cause of inflammation - gum disease! If people flossed every day and brushed well at least before going to bed and getting up in the morning, then after at least a couple of meals (and saw their dentist every six months too), the incidence of gum disease and tooth loss would go down immeasurably. Gum disease has been connected to heart disease and a host of other ailments. Google it and you will see.

    I am not saying a healthy, primarily natural diet isn't important; it is, and I'm sure paying attention to anti-inflammatory food helps. I'm just saying that making one simple change to your lifestyle - brushing regularly and flossing daily - will go a LONG way to help. I don't go to the doctor often, but I practice what I preach, see my dentist twice a year and I have no physical problems (and I am older than you are, although not by much!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are right, gum disease is one of the problems associated with chronic inflamation that Challem highlights in the book.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails