Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve

Tonight, around the globe, people will be out celebrating and ringing in 2012.  It will be a time of reverie, fireworks, and consumption of a lot of adult beverages.

I will not be among those out celebrating.  Instead, I will be working my part time pizza delivery gig.  I am scheduled to work from 5pm to midnight.  Usually on a Saturday night, I leave the pizza joint around 11pm.  However, with tonight being New Year's Eve there is a good chance it will be a little busier than a typical Saturday night.

I am hopeful that I will be able to get off work close to my normal time so that I can be home before the magic hour.  Not because I want to necessarily ring in the New Year, but so that I can be home safely before the party goers head back out on the road.  To be honest, I can not remember the last time I actually watched any of the New Year countdowns.

If you are among those who will be out enjoying the reverie, please be safe and careful.  Whatever you do, if you and those you are with partake of alcoholic refreshment, please do not drink and drive.  Instead, take advantage of the many sober ride programs that communities will be offering tonight.  The life you save may be your own and others.

This public service announcement brought to you courtesy of Dickster's Random Thoughts and the pizza guy, who happen to be one and the same.  Have a safe and happy New Year.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails