Saturday, December 3, 2011

I Love Coffee

English: A photo of a cup of coffee. Esperanto...Image via WikipediaI love coffee, but it hasn't always been that way.  I guess you could say that it was an acquired taste for me.  When I first started drinking hot, caffeinated beverages in the morning, I started with tea.  Drinking tea was an adventure for me.  I really got into trying all of the different varieties of tea available in the grocery store.  My favorites have been Earl Grey and English Breakfast teas. 

Eventually, I moved on to drinking coffee in the morning.  My approach to drinking coffee mirrored my sense of adventure when I went out to discover coffee.  Instead of going with the standard ground coffee that you can get in the grocery stores, I ventured out to the gourmet coffee shops to see the wide variety of coffees available.

I bought myself a nice little coffee grinder and bought my coffee in whole bean format.  Grinding my beans gave me a fresher taste to my morning brew.  I tried all kinds of different coffee; Kona from Hawaii, Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, coffee from different parts of Africa and South America.  Eventually, I moved on to Starbucks drinks.  This time of year, I love Egg Nog Lattes.  It is a rare treat for me these days, as I have moved back to drinking grocery store coffee.

I have been thinking a bit more these days about going back to more variety in my coffee.  Every now and then while browsing the store shelves, I look at the wide variety of Keurig K-cup coffees that are available and think I would like to get a Keurig machine to replace my little 4-cup Mr. Coffee coffee maker.  Since I am the only coffee drinker in the house, the Keurig machine and the 4-cup Mr. Coffee is perfect for me for the small amount that it makes. 

In addition to the K-cup coffee, I was browsing my local Giant grocery store last week and looking at the variety of coffees that they had available in their coffee aisle.  They had Kona blends, Sumatra blends, different South American and African blends.  They are a little more expensive than the Columbian ground coffee that I have been getting, but not that much more.

I don't think that I will ever go back to grinding my own beans again, but I would like to add some variety back into my coffee drinking.  One of the few things that I would like for Christmas this year would be a Keurig coffee maker.  With their My K-cup filter, I can also use my favorite ground coffee to make a cup as I need them. 


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. here is something to think about there is a way to enjoy your own ground coffee and still use the Keurig coffee maker it is called MY Kcup.what it is a insert that has a resuseable basket thet you fill with you favorite grind.I know I so that as well as use the already made up Kcups.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails