Saturday, April 18, 2009

I Love T-Shirts

I got my first job when I was 15 years old.  The thing about working is, with a few exceptions, your employer dictates what type of clothing you have to wear at work.  So for the past 33 years, I have had somebody telling me how to dress and how to look.  I have had jobs where I could not have any facial hair at all and jobs where I have had to wear a shirt and tie everyday.  Things have eased up some in recent years (I no longer have to wear a tie and nobody says I have to shave my goatee) but I still am restricted in what I can wear on the job.

So, from Monday through Friday, my wardrobe belongs to "The Man" (for lack of a better term) but on the weekends I get to dress how I want to dress.  Since I am a pretty casual and laid back type of guy, that usually consists of t-shirts and jeans.  One of my favorite t-shirts was a Seinfeld t-shirt that featured the Kramer painting pictured here.  That t-shirt wore out years ago, but I found it again at a website called Tees for All.

The thing I love about t-shirts is that you can find a t-shirt to express anything you want.  You can make a political statement or they can be outrageous and offensive.  Tees for all has an outstanding assortment of products available.  To be honest, I could use a little extra money because I always have a hard time deciding what to limit myself to.  I am thinking about going a little retro and picking out a Johnny Cash t-shirt.  Anyway, for comfort and individual expression, you just can't beat a t-shirt.

4 comments:

  1. the nice thing about being on a disability retirement is that no one can tell me how to dress any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few years ago, I had a position eliminated and I was unemployed for about a year. The one positive was that unless I had an interview I did not have to shave or get dressed, just spend the day emailing resumes out to folks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work in a restaurant, so I have to wear a uniform. Which wouldn't really bother me, except that it's so damn unflattering (androgynous white shirt, black tie, black slacks...)

    But, a uniform has it's advantages... I don't have to figure out what matches and I don't have to go shopping for work clothes...

    I wish I were just independently wealthy so that could just wear cute stuff all the time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you. I keep thinking that if anybody deserved to win the lottery it is me. So far no luck

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails