Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Am a Right Wing Extremist

At least according to Janet Napolitano and the Department of Homeland Security.  In a document released by the Office of Intelligence and Analysis, the Department of Homeland Security issued a warning to law enforcement agencies warning of a rise in white power militias.  The document went on to define the "right wing extremists" as not just racist hate groups, but also individuals who "are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority" or "may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as abortion or immigration."

While I have no problem with the Department of Homeland Security warning law enforcement about the dangers of "hate groups," there are a lot of everyday Americans that fall under the rest of their definition of "right wing extremists."  Ironically (not) their definition would include any group or person that does not agree with the politics of the current administration.  Let me address how I fall into their definition.

First, I squarely would fall into the group that "reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority."  The tenth ammendment to the Bill of Rights states "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohimbited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."  Though I would never personally own a gun, I fully support the Constitutional right for the people to keep and bear arms as promised by the second ammendment.  I guess people like myself, who honor and believe in our Constitution, would classify as "right wing extremists."

They also identify individuals that are dedicated to individual causes such as abortion or immigration as extremists.  Let's see, I think abortion is morally wrong and people should be held responsible for their actions.  Check.  Also, I firmly believe in securing our borders and stemming the tide of illegal immigration.  Check #2.  I guess since I also support the FairTax that would be another check in the extremist category for me.  I wish I could have participated in the Tea Parties that took place across the country today, because all of those that did participate would probably be considered an extremist.

So clearly, I must be a right wing extremist based on the Department of Homeland Security.  I guess I will need to keep an eye out for Big Brother keeping an eye on my activities.

2 comments:

  1. If the Dickster is right Wing Extremest then Willy is probably having to look to his left to see him.

    10-4 Willy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That may be Willy, but I do consider mywelf to be conservative on most issues. Definitely more to the right than the current resident of the White House. When I hear him speak it usually makes my skin crawl and raised my blood pressure several points

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails