Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Letter From School

Maya and Miguel LogoImage via WikipediaMost days, I don't particularly care to go to the mailbox.  Usually all we get in the mail is junk mail and bills.  However, yesterday, my wife brought the mail in after she ran a couple of errands.  She had something that brought a mile to my face and made me feel good.  A short note from our son.

1/27/11

Dear Mom and dad,

This week at school I had a good time.

I have been looking up and talking a lot about Maya and Miguel.  The song we are family.

I am looking forward to the next break when I can come and spend some time with you.  I love you.

Love,
It was a very pleasant surprise.  It was the first mail that we had received from him.  For those that do not know, Maya and Miguel is a cartoon on PBS Kids.  They have released a couple of CDs of kids singing pop tunes.  My son has all three of their CDs, and one of his favorite songs on it is the old Sister Sledge song "We Are Family."

It is no surprise to me that when my son would have some free internet time during the classroom that he would do searches for Maya & Miguel.  He loves that show and the theme song.  He also really enjoys listening to the music. 

I am also looking forward to the next break so we can spend some time together.  I miss having his smiling face around.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails