Wednesday, November 9, 2011

One More GOP Debate

Newt GingrichImage via WikipediaAs I sit here getting ready to watch the latest Republican debate, I am actually torn between watching the debate and watching the CMA Awards.  On the one hand, I could use a little bit of mindless entertainment, and on the other I have a great deal of interest in learning more about each of the candidates in the debate.

I have mentioned here before that I have not made up my mind as to who I want to support in the primaries.  I have always liked Herman Cain, and I have been leaning in his direction.  The allegations that have been made in the past week have allowed a little bit of doubt to creep into my support for Cain.  Not that I believe any of the accusations against Cain, but my concern would be how the general public would react to Cain.

In addition to Herman Cain, I have been awfully impressed by the performances of Newt Gingrich in the debates.  He has been extremely solid in all of the debates thus far.  There is no doubt that of all of the candidates on the stage, Newt is the smartest guy in the room.  His strong performances in the debates has been reflected in the polls.  He is slowly rising to the point that he is 3rd of all candidates, and 2nd in some state polls.

I still am leaning towards Cain at this moment in time.  I hope that he can put the allegations behind him and get the campaign message back out in the forefront.  Still Newt is getting more traction in mind and could be a force.  I also have a little bit of personal interest in seeing Newt become president.

A few years ago, I was working part time at a Barnes & Noble store here in Maryland.  We had a few book signings, but mostly local authors.  We managed to get Newt Gingrich and William Fortschen at a signing for one of their alternative history Civil War novels.  Originally I wasn't going to buy one, but ended up buying two books and having them signed.  How cool would it be to own a book signed by a President of the United States?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails