Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Visit to Santa Claus

Thomas Nast's most famous drawing, "Merry...Image via WikipediaSanta Claus with a little girlImage via WikipediaBERLIN - NOVEMBER 27:  A woman dressed as ange...Image by Getty Images via @daylifeThe Thanksgiving weekend is coming to an end which means it will be time for my wife to try to get our son back to school tomorrow.  It also means that Christmas is right around the corner, actually just four weeks from today.  With such a short break between Thanksgiving and Christmas, it also means my son will only be gone for about 3.5 weeks before he comes home for Christmas break.

I am happy to say that I am basically done with my Christmas shopping this year.  There may be a gift card or two that I have to pick up between now and Christmas.  Yesterday, I received an email informing me that the presents I bought for my son on BestBuy.com were on their way.  I am so glad that I was able to find the items I wanted online at the Black Friday prices rather than fighting those crowds.

I did not hear of any major incidents near me, but there were several prominent news stories about man's inhumanity to man during the Black Friday events.  Talk about the Spirit of Christmas.  NOT!  There was the woman who pepper sprayed fellow shoppers to gain an advantage in getting an Xbox she wanted.  There was somebody who was shot during an altercation during an attempted robbery when the victims left a store with their Black Friday booty.  Then there were other incidents as well.

Today, we were going to take our son to visit my parents before he goes back to school tomorrow.  Unfortunately, they were doing some work at their church this afternoon and were unavailable.  So, we made other plans and took our son out to Arundel Mills Mall to go play some skee-ball and other games at the Dave & Buster's.

After we left Dave & Buster's, we went into the FYE store to get him a new DVD to take back to school.  When we were leaving, we were looking at some of the games available for the Playstation 3 that I ordered on Thanksgiving for his Christmas present.  He confirmed that my decision to buy it and the Madden 12 game was the right one when he told us he wanted Madden 12, a hockey game, and a NASCAR game for Christmas.

We told him that he would have to tell Santa Claus what he wanted for Christmas.  Normally, my son does not want to visit with Santa, but there was no line to visit with ole St. Nick.  My son, who is too big to sit on Santa's lap, walked up to Santa and shook his hand.  He proceeded to tell Santa the list of games he wanted for Christmas.  It will be so much fun watching him open his presents in four weeks.
Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. Wow! you were smarter than Santa! Does your son read at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured he wasn't reading this! Glad to hear that he can read a bit. Our Josh reads too, he can read the newspaper for the most part, but it's never clear how much he understands of what the words mean. He checks the want ads and court news and some of the front page. He likes to read about accidents. He lives independently and manages to get along and bluff enough that people don't realize that he isn't processing a lot of what they tell him. He's had a lifetime to practice that skill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always make me smile when I read your personal stories. Love how you love your son and your family. Christmas should be a great time for all of you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails