Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veterans Day

Today is Veterans Day.  Since it is a federal holiday, all of the government workers in my area will have the day off.  For me, that means a slightly better commute for me tomorrow thanks to there being fewer automobiles on road.  I love when the government workers are off.

In all seriousness, though, Veterans Day is a day where we should honor those who have served this country in the military to help us maintain our freedoms and our way of life.  To all of the men and women who have served our country through military service, especially those deployed overseas, thank you for all that you do for us.  I hold you in the highest regard.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Dickster, you could't have picked a better video to commerate Veterans Day. All the young men and women that serve our country deserve our respect and thanks for what they do to keep us safe. Also all the families that are left behind I salute you too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails