Monday, March 29, 2010

Music Monday-Zac Brown Band "Highway 20 Ride"

Sunday afternoon, I was sitting at my laptop when I got an instant message from one of my Facebook friends.  It was an old friend that I haven't seen in years that I recently reconnected with on Facebook.  You gotta love Facebook for that.

Anyway, we chatted online for a bit just catching up.  In the course of the chatting, when I asked where he was living these days, he revealed that he and his wife had recently separated.  Though it has been several years, I remember him as an all around good guy and a devout Christian, not that Christians are immune from marital strife.  

It saddens me to hear the news of his separation, not just because of their marriage, but because they have kids.  That always makes it tough.  I don't know if there is a chance of them working it out or not.  We agreed that we should get together soon for a beverage or two.  I hope we do.

Thinking about our chat, it made me think of the song "Highway 20 Ride" by The Zac Brown Band.  It is a song about the feelings of a divorced father and his relationship with his kids and ex.  It is also my choice this week for Music Monday.




Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the actual post link here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.


PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails