Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Collins Bailey for Congress

It is never too early to start thinking about November. I live in the 5th Congressional District of the state of Maryland which has sent Steny Hoyer to the House of Representatives for the past 30 years.  Needless to say, I am not a big fan of House Leader Hoyer.

On Saturday, as I was heading to work my part time job, I saw a sign at a gas station for Collins Bailey for Congress.  I decided to check out Mr. Bailey's website, and I have decided to throw my support completely behind him.  According to his site, the items listed below are the things that Collins Bailey believes in.  I am in complete agreement with him on all of these points.

... these truths are self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.
... the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person's dignity, freedom, ability, opportunity and responsibility must be honored and protected.

... in equal rights, justice, and opportunity for all.

... free enterprise and individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth, and prosperity.

... government must practice fiscal responsibility and individuals should keep more of the money they earn.

... in individual responsibility.

... in economic and personal liberty.

... that the federal deficit is caused by government spending too much, not by Americans being taxed too little.

... the proper, Constitutional, role of government is to provide those functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations and that government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

... that the role of the federal government is to establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

... the most effective, responsible, and responsive government is government closest to the people.

... in the idea of individualism and reject collectivism.

... Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong and protect our national sovereignty.

... that spending in Congress is out of control. Americans are having to work too many hours just to support the wasteful habits of our federal government. That Congress is not representing traditional American values and Constitutional principles that reflect who we really are as a people. And that those who created the current mess in Washington are not the best candidates to translate these ideals into positive and successful principles of government.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. I have also researched Collins Bailey and plan to support him in the next election. I am so mad that I am willing to volunteer to call, canvas, hand out literature on his behalf. I have never done anything like this before, but I feel it is my civic duty to get Steny Hoyer OUT OF OFFICE NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for grins I googled Collins, and stumbled upon this post. As Collin's chief of staff, I want to thank you for your support and explore with you how you might become a part of Bailey's Brigade!

    My email address is:
    lukeOcampbell@gmail.com

    Looking forward to hearing from you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi All,

    As a Democrat, I am done with Hoyer. I also have thrown my support behind Collins. If you're in Calvert and agree, email me- chesliehwilliams@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails