Sunday, March 14, 2010

World's Best Chocolate Eclairs

Anybody who has spent anytime traveling through Waldorf MD on route 301 has probably seen the giant wigwam there.  I discovered the wigwam several years ago when my parents lived in Waldorf.  The wigwam was home to Wall's Bakery where they sold a variety of baked goods and Native American artwork and souvenirs.  They were most famous for their huge chocolate eclairs. 

When my parents moved from Waldorf to Annapolis, there were few reasons to make the 25 mile trek to Waldorf.  However, the eclairs from Wall's bakery were well worth the drive.  So every couple of months, my wife or I would drive down there to get a couple of their famous eclairs.  Sadly, about five years ago the owner decided to retire and shut the doors.

A couple weeks ago, the BJ's in Bowie was out of stock on one of the main food items that my son eats.  So, on a Saturday, we decided to head down to the BJ's in Waldorf to pick up the items we needed.  For some reason, Mrs. Dickster decided to do an internet search on Wall's bakery.  To our surprise and delight, she discovered that Wall's Bakery had reopened in Waldorf. 

They are no longer located in the wigwam, but the eclairs are still the best there is.  By the way, the eclair you see pictured here is sitting on a dinner plate.  I don't even want to think about how many calories this sucker had in it, but it was worth it.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. I think I might be taking a trip to Waldorf for one (or several) of these eclairs! That looks like a piece of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is definitely the best eclair I have ever eaten. And it only costs $3.50.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails