Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Letter to My Congressman Steny Hoyer

Not that I expect it to do any good, since my Congressman is one of the leaders pushing this monstrosity, but I thought I would at least let him know how I feel.

March 18, 2010

Congressman Steny Hoyer
1705 Longworth House Office Building
Washington DC 20515

Dear Congressman Hoyer:

I am writing to you today regarding the subject of Health Care Reform, though for the life of me I am not sure what good it will do. I realize that as House Majority Leader, you walk lock step with Speaker Pelosi, President Obama, and other Democratic Party leaders. However, as a resident of your Congressional District, I feel obligated to share my views with you regarding health care reform.

It amazes me that when the majority of Americans, who you and the rest of Congress supposedly represent, are against the bill under consideration that you and your ilk will do anything and everything to try to pass it. It is not that we want to maintain the status quo. We all believe that there are aspects of the current system need changed. However, we do not want a complete overhaul of the health care system.

Contrary to what you and the rest of the Democratic leadership seem to think, most of us who oppose the bill DO understand what is in it, and we don’t want it. Likewise, we DO care about the procedures that are being discussed such as reconciliation and the “Slaughter Solution,” especially on a bill of this magnitude. We are angry, not because we are uninformed, but because you refuse to listen to us.

It is ironic, and quite sad, when I watched the YouTube video that surfaced recently that showed you railing against the Republicans in 2003 for using a procedural rule for passing legislation that added $84 billion to the deficit. Rightfully so. Too bad you no longer have the same compunction as you willingly add trillions to the deficit. It is apparent that you have been in Washington far too long.

I definitely do not expect the words of one small constituent, especially one in opposition, will have any impact on your actions. That is why between now and November, I will be doing everything I possibly can to try to get you defeated in November.

2 comments:

  1. My hat is off to you.
    That was a clear, and well thought out letter, and all Maryland residents should read as well.
    Lets keep up hope, and set our sights for November

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lot2Learn. These are difficult times to say the least

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails