Monday, March 8, 2010

Music Monday-Peter Frampton "Do You Feel Like We Do"

Frampton Comes Alive! (25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition)Frampton Comes Alive!
Peter Frampton performing at Gulfstream Park i...Image via Wikipedia

Sometimes it's fun to look back at the musical icons of your youth and see how they look 30 years later.  When I was in high school, one of the biggest selling albums of all time was Peter Frampton's "Frampton Comes Alive" album.  The cover pictured a very long haired Frampton.  Years later, Frampton, picture in this post is a balding, bespectacled middle aged man that looks more like an accountant than a rock star. 

One of the things that I loved about "Frampton Comes Alive" was his heavy use of the talk box. It was not something that I had heard a lot of back in those days.  The use of the talk box is featured in one of his biggest hit "Do You Feel Like We Do," which Frampton performs below on the old Midnight Special.  Thank God for YouTube.





Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the actual post link here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.





PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Dickster--'THANK YOU--THANK YOU--BOB MAYO ON THE KEYBOARDS--BOB MAYO'.

    Damn we flat wore that vinyl out! Didn't we?

    1975, jessus the memories! Peter still can play that Les Paul I tell you. You can follow him on facebook. I think he's readying a tour. Wish I could catch him. Saw him a lot in the Bay Area. Day on the Green's-Winterland, damn!

    waitaminute--waitaminute, I'm gray, balding, and wear reading glasses, an I don't look anything like a Accountant....

    'Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand--who's wine?--what wine?--where the hell did I dine?'

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that was some good stuff. I had a buddy who bought a black gibson les paul custom after the album came out, and I had a strat. We used to sit and work on all those Frampton and Clapton riffs back in the day

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails