Friday, August 26, 2011

Post Vacation Blues

scaledImage by wader via FlickrVacations are a great way to relax and get away from things for a little while.  The problem with vacations is that they eventually have to come to an end.  Then it is back to the realities of life and the real world.

We came back from the beach yesterday to the news that a hurricane is bearing down on us for the weekend.  I hear that the grocery stores are packed, but I will need to head up there as soon as the air conditioning repair man is finished.  I am torn as to what to get and how much as I would hate for it to go to waste if we lose power for an extended period of time.

Even though we came back from our trip on Thursday, I am still technically on vacation.  I do not have to be back in the office again until Monday morning.  Though I am planning to work my part time job tonight and tomorrow.  Of course tomorrow night is when we are expecting Irene to hit the area.  How fun will it be to deliver pizza in that mess?  I am not sure whether they will close or not.

The real reason for my post vacation blues occurred this morning.  The last time that I weighed myself was Monday morning before heading to the beach.  For the next few days, I had no scale, and ate most of my meals at local restaurants.  This morning, I woke and stepped on the scale to assess the damage of the vacation.

I fully expected to have put on a couple of pounds while I was away.  It was worse that I had anticipated.  I put on six pounds while I was away.  The most frustrating part is that I usually lose about a pound or two per week, so it could take me three weeks to lose everything I put back on during my short vacation.  Maybe I shouldn't go buy groceries after all.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I hear you on the weight issues. I'm the heaviest I've ever been, and it doesn't come off easily. Take care and stay safe! Can't you just buy non perishables to get you through a few days?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails