Monday, November 22, 2010

Music Monday-Dwight Yoakam "Close Up the Honky Tonks"

When I was a kid, my dad used to listen to a lot of country music. We used to hear a lot of classic country back then; Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams, and Buck Owens.  Over the years, I have come to appreciate all of those artists, but at the time, my favorite was Buck Owens.  I guess primarily because we used to see him weekly on the old television show "Hee Haw."

Buck got a bit of a resurgence when he did a duet with Dwight Yoakam called "Streets of Bakersfield."  There was a special relationship between Dwight and Buck.  You could tell that his style was heavily influenced by Buck.  If there was to be an artist to do a tribute album to Buck Owens, there was nobody better to do it than Dwight Yoakam.  When Dwight released his CD "Dwight Sings Buck," I had to have it.  There is a lot of good music on the CD, but my favorite is this one, "Close Up the Honky Tonks."  


Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the actual post link here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I can't say I have heard this song before But, Happy Music Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails