Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Decision Points

Cover of "Decision Points"Cover of Decision Points Former President George W. Bush has been making the interview circuit hawking his new memoir "Decision Points."  According to Amazon.com, Bush takes an honest look at his flaws, mistakes, and accomplishments in the book.  He also shares the details behind how he reached various decisions during his presidency.

Of late, I have not been a big fan of Matt Lauer, however, I watched with great interest Lauer's interview with the former president broadcast on NBC last night. I actually enjoyed the interview and thought Lauer did a fair interview.  Tonight, I expect to watch Sean Hannity's interview on the Fox News Channel during the Hannity show.  I even saw a promo that Bush would be appearing on the Oprah show. 

There is a lot to be critical of Bush's presidency, but I think he was a decent man who did what he thought was right and needed to protect the country.  Take the Iraq war for example.  When the administration was considering the invasion of Iraq, I was against it, primarily because we did not have wide support.  Once the decision was made, however, I felt like we should do all we could to win that war.

I have not decided yet if I will read the book or not, but am leaning towards it.  One thing for sure, I will be avoiding a lot of the left wing blogs because no matter what the man does, it will never be acceptable.  The one thing that I find impressive about Bush is his refusal to criticize his successor, even when given the opportunity by Lauer and Hannity.  This in spite of the fact that the current resident of the White House and his sycophants have been constantly blaming him for everything that happens.  How many of us would be able to hold our tongues in that situation?  If nothing else, you have to admire the man's integrity.   
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails