Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

A roast turkey prepared for a traditional U.S....Image via WikipediaHere is hoping that everybody out there has a wonderful Thanksgiving with all of their family and friends.  Our family is having a quiet Thanksgiving at home for a change; just my wife, my son, and I.  The turkey will be going into the oven shortly and the smell of roasting turkey will fill the house.  It is one of my favorite smells.

While we should do it everyday, Thanksgiving is a time to reflect upon those things that we have.  In no particular order of importance, here are some of the things that I am thankful for in 2010.  Some of them serious, some of them not so much.
  • Our family is in relatively good health.
  • We have survived my son's first trip to live at his new school, though it was not without its own share of drama.
  • I have a good job that is allowing me the opportunity to have the time to deal with taking my son to and from school.
  • We have the love and support of our extended family on both sides of the family.
  • We have a roof over our head and food on the table.
  • There will be three football games to watch today.
  • I have plenty of red wine in the house.
  • We still live in the greatest country known to man.  God bless the USA.
Happy Thanksgiving everybody.


Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Dickster... All the best to you and your family.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL'ed at the football games and plenty of wine in the house. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Vickie. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving as well

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails