Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

Today was Black Friday, the day when retailers try to lure customers in with killer deals to kick off the Christmas holiday selling season.  Generally speaking, I tend to avoid the shopping centers on this day.  I definitely do not go for any of the early morning, door buster specials.  I just don't like the crowds and traffic that go with the Black Friday frenzy.

That is not to say that I didn't try to take advantage of some Black Friday specials.  I have been debating for some time about buying a Kindle or Nook ebook reader.  I had been reluctant to go with the Kindle because I didn't want to be tied to only buying ebooks from Amazon, however, Amazon.com almost helped me make up my mind.  One of their Black Friday specials was a Kindle for only $89, a full $100 off the regular price.

This particular "Lightning Sale" was schedule to begin today at noon my time.  I checked out the Amazon website to see how to take advantage of the Lightning Sales.  As soon as the link was active to purchase the Kindle, I clicked on it.  Several thousand other folks had the same plan.  It took a couple minutes for the site to update, but I was unable to take advantage of the sale.  So for now, it is back to regular old fashioned books with paper pages.
Mr. Rebates
I do like the convenience of shopping online, my disappointment at missing out on the Kindle promotion not withstanding.  One of my favorite sites to shop at online is Mr. Rebates. Mr. Rebates is a portal that gives you access to hundreds of online stores. Several major retailers can be found there like Best Buy and Barnes & Noble.

Once you have accumulated $10 in rebates, you can easily collect your rebates through PayPal.  I don't do a whole lot of shopping online, but since becoming a member of Mr. Rebates, I have received three payouts into my PayPal account.  I am only a few dollars away from being able to cash out again.  If you do any shopping online, you really should check out Mr. Rebates.

As a matter of full disclosure, Mr. Rebates does have a referral program.  If you happen to sign up for Mr. Rebates through one of the links on this blog, I would get a referral commission on any rebates that you would get through the program.  However, it in no way would impact the rebates you would earn had you signed up without using the links.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails