Tuesday, October 5, 2010

YouTube Ads

YouTubeImage via Wikipedia
Have you ever had this happen to you?  The other night, I decided that I wanted to watch some music videos on YouTube.  After I had played a couple of videos, a commercial came on.  No problem.  It wasn't the first time I tried to watch a video on a website to be confronted with a commercial announcement, and I can appreciate that YouTube would want to generate a little revenue.

However, it seemed like I was getting a commercial announcement every two or three videos that I was watching.  That in and of itself wouldn't have been too bad, but they kept showing the same fucking video.  The worst part is that it wasn't some ordinary product commercial.  No, it was a political video.  A geographically targeted commercial.  A commercial from Martin "I never met a tax I didn't like" O'Malley attacking my choice to regain the governorship of Maryland, Bob Ehrlich.

It is not so much the fact that the played a commercial that bothered me.  It isn't even the fact that it was a political commercial by a politician that I can't stand attacking a politician that I would prefer to see elected in my state. The thing that bothered me was that it was the same commercial shown several times over the course of an hour.  Fortunately, I quickly found that if I refreshed the page after the commercial started that the video I wanted to watch would begin.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I have run across several commercials that have been added to the front of a video on YouTube, but I haven't run into any political ones yet. Maybe you're just not living right (as in the right part of the country)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may be on to something

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails