Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gentleman, Start Your Engines

I know sports fans are getting all geared up for the Super Bowl, and rightfully so.  It should be a good one.  I don't really care too much about who wins, though I am kind of pulling for the Saints to win.  There is just something about Peyton Manning that bugs me.  Maybe because you can't watch a game without seeing him in every other commercial.

Yes, the Super Bowl is a big deal, but I am also looking forward to the start of the NASCAR racing season which kicks off Saturday night with the Bud Shootout. Sure it isn't the official start of the racing season, which starts next week with the Daytona 500, but it is fun to watch.


Over the last couple of years, a lot of NASCAR fans have complained that the sport has become too corporate and too boring.  Officials have announced that they are going to relax some of the rules regarding aggressive driving and bump drafting.  They are also encouraging drivers to show a little more emotion and less corporate plugging.

Hopefully it will make for a more exciting brand of racing.  A lot of the races I watched last year were pretty BORING.  Today was the first day of practice for the Shootout on Saturday night.  If the first practice is any indication, it could be an interesting year.  Denny Hamlin and Mark Martin set off a 6-car accident about halfway through the first practice.  In the second practice, Juan Pablo Montoya wrecked Kurt Busch.  As Darryl Waltrip will say when the green flag drops, "Boogity, boogity, boogity.  Let's go racing boys!"

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't tell from the video. Did Lightning McQueen make it through?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have you heard when Danica Patrick is going to be joining the circuit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lightning always makes it through.

    Danica may try to race in the Nationwide race next weekend but most likely in California the following week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yea I am READY.... for NASCAR that is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. me too Jodi. I think with the blizzard coming through tonight and tomorrow that I won't have to work at my part time job tomorrow. If not, I will be watching the Shootout

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails