Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Join the Online Tax Revolt

An Americans For Fair Taxation sloganImage via Wikipedia
In the past, I have expressed my support for the FairTax that would eliminate the Federal Income Tax, payroll taxes, and would give you your full pay check from your employers.  The Federal Income Tax would be replaced with the FairTax which is a consumption tax that is designed to be revenue neutral.

Regardless of whether or not you think the FairTax is the answer to America's woes, I think most people can agree that the tax system as it currently is comprised is broken.  If you are among those who thinks the tax system is broken and a burden on our economy, the folks at Americans For Fair Taxation have launched an Online Tax Revolt.

The Online Tax Revolt is a virtual march on Washington DC.  At the site, you enter your name, location, and select an avatar to represent you.  Your avatar, along with over 50,000 other so far, will appear on a Google map of the country. As each day passes, the avatars will march to Washington where all will meet on April 15th.

In addition to the virtual march, there will be a rally in DC in support of tax reform.  I have signed up and my avatar is on the move.  Take some time to visit the site and if you decide to sign up, leave a comment and let me know.  Be a part of the movement to make April 15th just another day on the calendar.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you wrote this article.
    I also am in support for the fair tax, and have read on many other blogs that people do support this.
    I have chosen my character, and joined the online march.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails