Thursday, September 11, 2008

Obama is Jesus, Palin is Pontius Pilate

The more the Democrats open their mouths the more I can't stand them. I knew they were pretty high on Barack Obama, but I never knew they thought that he was the Saviour of the World. Yet, on the floor of the House of Representatives, Representative Steve Cohen (D-Tennessee) compares Barack Obama to Jesus Christ, and Sarah Palin to Pontius Pilate, the man who killed Jesus.

A couple thoughts. First and foremost is the obvious attack against Sarah Palin. I can't recall a Vice-Presidential Candidate being attacked this much during a campaign. They must really be worried about her. She has re-energized the Republicans, and McCain/Palin are gaining ground or leading Obama/Biden in several polls. Second, the evangelical community, a key base to the Republicans, had not fully embraced McCain, though the selection of Palin helped him some. How much do you think the evangelicals will rally around McCain/Palin when the opposition is being compared to their Messiah?

I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh, nor do I agree with a lot of what he says. He is a little too far right for my taste, but I think he summed up the feelings of a lot of folks on this subject:

"I know Jesus Christ. I pray to Jesus Christ all the time," said Limbaugh." I study what Jesus Christ did and said all the time, and let me tell you something, Barack Obama, you are no Jesus Christ."

"I can't find any such references to Jesus promoting infanticide nor do I find any references to Jesus Christ suggesting sex education be taught to 4- and 5-year-olds, but I'm still looking in the New Testament and I'll let you all know if I come up with anything."

I guess when I don't vote for Barack Obama in November, not only will I be a racist (after all, any white man that doesn't vote for Barack must be racist) but I guess I will also be a blasphemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails