Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Davy Jones 1945-2012

British singer Davy Jones (member of The Monke...
Image via Wikipedia
Another part of my youth is gone today.  When I was a small kid, one of my favorite television program was The Monkees.   The group consisted of Michael Nesmith, Micky Dolenz, Peter Tork, and Davy Jones.  The show was funny, with music from the band, and most of the time consisted the latest romantic interest of Davy.

Jones also made an appearance on another of my favorite programs from my youth, The Brady Bunch.  In that episode, young Marcia Brady (Maureen McCormick) had a crush on Davy Jones and wanted to meet him since she was president of his fan club.  Of course, Davy saved the day and met with Marcia.  Speaking of crushes, what guy my age didn't have a crush on Marcia Brady back in those days.

Today, Davy Jones passed away at the age of 66 from a heart attack.  I will remember fondly his music and his acting.  Here is a clip of one of him with one of his hits with The Monkees.  RIP Davy.



Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. I agree... I saw them play live in DC at Wolf Trap.

    He will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep -- sad stuff, huh? In spite of a certain "snobbery" when it comes to music, I always did rather like the Monkees. In my mind, Davy Jones hit a home run with "Star Collector."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails