Thursday, February 23, 2012

Swamped


I have a lot of things going on right now.  Most of the time, I am able to keep a fairly good balance between the  real world and my blogging or online world.  By the "real world" I mean those things that I have to deal with on a daily basis like my job and my son.  The other stuff are just those things that I do to help me unwind and relax after dealing with the other stuff.

A few months ago, I took on a new position at work.  Shortly after I moved into the new position, the person who took my place left abruptly, and we have been shorthanded for a couple of months.  Plus, another coworker who had also taken on some of my old responsibilities took an extended vacation to get married.  So, I ended up pitching in on my old desk while also trying to move into my new responsibilities.

We finally got back up to full staff again a few weeks ago.  Needless to say, I am not far along as I would like to be in my new project.  So now I am trying to get caught up to where I would like to be.  Normally, I get to the office around 8:30 each day, and stay until a little after 5:00.  This week, I have been trying to get to the office by 7:00 to get more work in.  I am also taking work home with me on the weekend.  It is a bit harder to work from home, as the VPN can be a bit slow.

On top of that, we have several things going on with our son in the upcoming weeks.  With his 18th birthday coming up later this year, we have a number of things we need to do for him.  First we need to apply with the Social Security Administration to get Supplemental Security Income.  We also have a meeting scheduled with an attorney to retain guardianship for him for when he turns 18 so that we can still make decisions for him for his day to day care since he is incapable of making those decisions on his own.

I hope that with all of those things going on that I will still be able to blog here on a nearly daily basis.  The reality of it is that there is a pretty good chance that I will miss a few more days here and there updating the blog.  While this is fun for me and a nice outlet, there are a few things that take a higher priority.  Thanks for your patience.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails