Monday, June 20, 2011

Music Monday-Bruce Springsteen "Jungleland & Rosalita"

Originally, I had another song lined up for today's Music Monday.  However, with the sad news yesterday of the passing of the Big Man, Clarence Clemons from a stroke at the age of 69, I felt it appropriate to pay tribute to Clemons by picking a Bruce Springsteen tune.  Clemons was an integral member of Springsteen's E Street Band.  His saxophone playing added a signature tonality to the Springsteen sound.  While I am sure Springsteen would have been successful no matter what, I believe that Clemons and the rest of the original E Street Band spurred the Boss to greater success.  Here is the Big Man and the Boss at their best with "Jungleland".  RIP Clarence.



And one more just for fun, "Rosalita"



Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.

PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!


Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments:

  1. Excellent choice, i like Bruce Springsteen I also liked his collaboration with Ronnie Spector in the 70's

    Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to hear about Clarence's passing - Thanks for sharing the great music he made, Happy MM x

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless the BigMan...One Cool Dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, those made me feel plumb stupid. For both songs are very familiar to me, but if you would have asked me what their names were beforehand, I couldn't have told you. Of course, that could also be another hint that I getting older by the minute. For I was quite shocked to hear that Clarence Clemons was 69.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great song for the week!

    dropping by from Music Monday..hope you could listen to my MM entry too..see yah there!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails