Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spam, Spam, Spam, Wonderful Spam!

Spam comments have not been much of a problem here on my humble blog.  There have been a couple of them here and there, but for the most part it has not been an issue.  For that reason, I have never felt the need to use the comment moderation settings.

One of the main reasons that I have not wanted to use moderation has been that I have enjoyed the immediacy of not having those settings.  There have been posts where readers have been able to interact with one another on the blog topic at hand.  Having that conversational aspect was one of the things that I hoped would take place.

Unfortunately, over the past three days, I have received more spam comments than I had received since I began this blog in August of 2008.  Some have been caught by bloggers spam filters, but more were not.  For that reason, I have now enabled the comment moderation functionality in my blog settings.  I will see how this goes for a while, and I will evaluate whether or not to keep those settings, but for now, it is what it is.

Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Spammers really suck,that's why I have had to moderate my commenttors as well.I doubt if I will ever be trusting enough to allow comments uncessered again. I don't want to spend hours undoing the spamcomments like I have had to in the past.good luck maybe they will leave you alone again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really not to work on being more tolerant. (LOL?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My spam filters seem to work fine. I'm going to remain untethered, and unfettered.

    I'm with Mike WTF do they think they'll accomplish, except getting wizzed on by us honest folk?

    Spamem' ta' Hell I say!

    Happy Trails--ya' all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. at least it gave me an excuse to post some Monty Python

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails