Friday, April 8, 2011

More Support for The Primal Blueprint

I have talked for a few weeks now about The Primal Blueprint.  The basics behind The Primal Blueprint is that we humans have gone far away from the diet of our ancestors and that is what is causing our obesity problems today.  They tie the beginnings of our problems to us forsaking our hunter gatherer lifestyle for the agrarian lifestyle of the farmer.

The theory as outlined in The Primal Blueprint received some more support recently from Dr. David Ludwig, Director of the Optimal Weight for life program at Children's Hospital in Boston.  The LA Times reports in this article that Dr. Ludwig has recently published an article in the Journal of the American Medical Association that supports The Primal Blueprint.

Ludwig says that our problems begin well before the advent of TV dinners and high fructose corn syrup.  He states that just about every food technology innovation that comes along has basically made our diets worse for wear.  His studies tie our decline back to the development of agriculture.  The short article is a nice summation of the information contained in The Primal Blueprint.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I won't be eating only raw foods any time soon, but I really dislike the aftertaste of most processed foods, which sends me to the produce table. I'd love a garden, but a- I'd have to stay home to work it, b- I'd need grenades and poison to keep it for myself instead of for the deer and rabbits, and I"m not willing to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked into a raw food diet at one point. I picked up one of those raw food cookbooks. Everything took so long in a dehydrator that I just couldn't do it.

    I would love to have a garden to grow some veggies and berries, but in my little townhouse, I just wouldn't have the room to do it. plus I would need to fence in the backyard

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails