Sunday, August 15, 2010

Music Monday-BB King & Tracy Chapman "The Thrill is Gone"

I have always been a huge fan of the blues, partly because it is primarily a guitar driven style of music and partly because of its raw emotion.  One of my favorites, is the legendary BB King.  His guitar and vocal stylings are unique.  His classic song "The Thrill is Gone" is one that I can never get tired of hearing.

A few years ago, he did a duet album of several of his hits called "Deuces Wild."  Performing "The Thrill is Gone" on that album was singer Tracy Chapman.  Now, I can't say that I am a fan of Chapman's, but I don't dislike her.  I enjoyed listening to her early hits like "Fast Car" and "Give Me One Reason."

In this version of the "The Thrill is Gone," I think their voices work really well together.  I hope you agree.


Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the actual post link here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.
PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails