Monday, August 16, 2010

Hands Off My Happy Meal!

McDonalds Happy MealImage via WikipediaFirst the folks at PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) protested rather graphically about the treatment of chickens used in the creation of McDonald's Chicken Nuggets, calling them "Unhappy Meals." Then you have the killjoys at CSPI (Center for Science in the Public Interest) threatening to sue McDonald's for using toys to "lure" children to eat unhealthy foods.  Now the City of San Francisco is proposing an outright ban of toys in kids meals that they deem to be "unhealthy."

I live by a very simple rule of thumb; give me information and let me make an informed decision about how to live my life.  I do not try to force my belief system on you, and for God's sake don't force yours on me.  Unfortunately folks like those at PETA and CSPI don't live by the same credo.  Instead, they want to force their belief systems (agenda) on those of us who don't think like they do.  In their worldview, we are simply too unenlightened or too stupid to know what is good for us.  That seems to be a common behavior from those elites on the left.

It is bad enough to have groups like PETA and CSPI trying to force their lifestyle choices on us, but now we have the ever present nanny state trying to step in to raise our kids, because we are not capable of doing it ourselves.  Is there no end to their reach?  I guess we really shouldn't be surprised that such proposals are coming from that bastion of liberalism that has given us Nancy Pelosi, the People's Republik of Kalifornia as frequently referred to by Capitol Commentary.

I really do not need some government hack telling me what to feed or how to raise my kid.  They say it is to try to help stem the very real problem of childhood obesity, but it is more about taking more of our freedoms away from us.  The bottom line is that the same people that keep saying that we need to keep the government out of the bedroom (in order to promote their gay rights agenda) are the same people that want to take away my rights to eat what I want to eat.  The occasional hamburger and fries from McDonald's isn't what is making kids fat.  It is more a sedentary lifestyle. What next, are we going to ban Playstations and other video games? 
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Surprise! (!)Everything ties into HEALTH CARE(!)

    Think about it...

    PLU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ain't it the truth Don. I am still trying to figure out where to get my "free" government health care

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails