Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Favre Retires Again...or Does He?

Brett Favre with the VikingsImage via Wikipedia
Yesterday, with my viewing of the offensive truck on the beltway, I almost missed the opportunity to talk about the annual drama that revolves around whether or not Brett Favre will play another year in the NFL.  It was reported yesterday that Favre had decided to retire for the third time in the last three years.  Frankly, I would have to put the news in the "I will believe it when I see it" category.

Today, it is good that I waited.  There are a couple different things being reported today.  One that I saw on a crawl on ESPN that reported that Favre's agent and the Vikings were having discussions about raising Favre's salary for the upcoming season from $13 million to $16 million.  The second report is that Favre says he wants to play but only if he is healthy.  He is scheduled to meet some time next week with Dr. James Andrews.  Andrews performed surgery in the off season to remove bone spurs and scar tissue.

There is no question that Favre can still play.  He had an excellent season last year with the Vikings.  I have grown tired of the annual will he or won't he retire.  I mean seriously, Brett, just shit or get off the pot already.  Apparently though the annual drama is too much for another drama queen out there.  I saw on USA Today that Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson sent a tweet to teammate Terrell Owens that read "@terrellowens How come Favre isn't a attention whore but we get hell for having fun but he makes a spectacle about coming back its cool?"

Well, Chad, I don't particularly care for the whole Favre spectacle, and I definitely don't care for your antics either.  Maybe I am just too old school.  I would just like all of you to just shut up and play ball.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I know he can come play for the Clevelsand Clowns,Oops I maen Browns.No I got it right the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to the point of having to see it before I believe it for quite some time now. Alas, he could have retired as one of the most highly respected legends ever just a few short years ago.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails