Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Obama's Oval Office Speech

I have to confess that I did not pay close attention to Barack Obama's speech last night.  I was somewhat occupied with my son in the room and taking care of getting him ready for bed.  There were a couple of things that did catch my attention during the speech.

First, was his comment that part of the reason that the spill has been so difficult to plug is because we are dealing with drilling a mile below the water.  This is true.  However, he says the reason is that we are running out of places to drill on land and shallow water.  That is patently false.  I would go so far to call it a lie.  The reason we are drilling so far our to sea and in such deep water is because of caving to the far left environmentalists.

The second thing that got my attention was his taking the opportunity to use the spill as an excuse to push another unpopular piece of shit piece of legislation on the American public, cap and trade.  Here we are hovering just under 10% unemployment and he wants to further depress the economy.  Cap and trade will send jobs overseas, causing more unemployment.  It will raise everyone's energy costs leaving less money available for other things, further depressing the economy.

I really did not need to pay real close attention to Obama to know it was a bad speech.  I found out all I needed to know when I saw this clip of Chris "I get a thrill up my leg when Obama talks" Matthews, Keith Olbermann, and Howard Fineman trashing the speech.  If you have these three died in the wool members of the Barack Obama fan club trashing the speech, it must have been horrible.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails