Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wasted Away Again in Margaritaville

Jimmy Buffett 080128-N-3235P-221 MIDDLE EASTER...Image via WikipediaWhen I first signed up for Facebook, I really wasn't sure what I would use it for, if anything.  In fact, after I signed up, I probably let my account languish for a year or so.  I didn't really start using Facebook until one of my two best friends from high school sent me a friend request.  Then I started to try to find family and friends on Facebook.

As I got more involved in doing things on Facebook, I noticed that some of my family members had gotten involved in playing various games on there.  So, I started to play a few of those games as well.  Maybe I should say I got lured into playing them.  I started off with Mafia Wars and eventually added Farmville and others.

At one point, I think I was probably playing five or six games.  They were starting to take up a considerable amount of my precious free time in the evenings.  I eventually got to the point where I decided that I was going to cut back on the number of games I was playing.  At this point, there are probably two games that I play consistently, Farmville and Scrabble with my parents.  There are one or two that I occasionally play when I really have extra time.

While I was on my trip to Chicago last week and waiting in O'Hare for my flight home, someone near me was reading a copy of USA Today and a headline caught my eye.  The article announced that Jimmy Buffett was working with a game developer to bring a Margaritavile themed game to Facebook.

First and foremost, I am an avowed Parrothead.  I have been listening to Buffett music for over 30 years now.  I have read all of his books.  I have eaten at Margaritaville restaurants in Key West and the local Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurant here in Maryland.  Needless to say, when this game launches on Facebook, I will be looking for my lost shaker of salt somewhere near the Port of Indecision.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails