Monday, May 16, 2011

Music Monday-Europe "The Final Countdown"

Today, the Space Shuttle Endeavour took off on its final mission as NASA’s space shuttle era is rapidly drawing to a close. When I was a kid, I was fascinated by pictures of outer space. I had my telescope and I would sit outside gazing at the moon and the solar system. I remember going out on a friend’s sailboat one time to watch the Perseid meteor shower. Therefore, I think it is appropriate to have Europe's "The Final Countdown" as my pick for Music Monday.

On a slightly different note, a group of Christians, led by Harold Camping, have declared that Saturday, May 21, 2011 will be Judgment Day when Jesus Christ returns to rapture his church.  Camping has made these proclamations before, and has obviously been wrong.  While I do believe that day will one day come, there are a number of reasons why I believe they are out to lunch.  Suffice to say that if they are correct, we would be in a "Final Countdown" of a totally different kind.     



Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.

PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. Dickster- I consider myself pretty darn eclectic and open to all types of muzik, but the songs I have listened to on this 'Euro' deal I just don't get?

    Let me tune into some ole' Waylon and Willie, to clear my head...

    Aloha from Sunny South Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Mr. September is still going strong. Well, that is what my wife and I got to calling him because of an earlier prediction having the world end in September when we would listen to his radio program while she was out on the truck with me in '94-'95.

    By the way, I don't understand why this song is often maligned by music critics. For I consider myself to be an expert on good music, and I consider this song to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Stacy.

    Don, sorry if I threw you a curve. We will be back to our regular programming next week. Perhaps you should consider a trip to Luckenback TX

    Fish, while I definitely understand the need to preach to the folks, I do not understand the need to put these kind of specific predictions out there to get you labeled a lunatic, it just doesn't help their cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspirational, love your choice this week! Happy MM! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails