Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spice Up Your Life

My wife and I share in the cooking duties in our house.  OK, she handles the lion's share of the cooking, but we both get in the kitchen and do more than press buttons on the microwave.  Every now and then, my wife likes to try new recipes.  I used to like to be a little more creative in the kitchen, but with everything that I have going on, I just don't experiment as much as I used to.

While my wife and I both like the same types of foods, we each tend to cook differently.  We each use different recipes, seasonings, and spices.  I tend to use a lot more spices than she does.  I like things like different pepper blends, garlic powder, chili powder, and other things to give it a little kick.  She usually uses a lot of different herbs.

The one thing that we could really use in our kitchen is a nice spice rack.  Currently, we have a small kitchen cupboard above our stove where we keep all of our different spices. There are so many times that a certain spice gets hidden behind another item, and I end up buying one that I don't really need.  I can't tell you how many bottles of chili powder we have.

There are a wide variety of kitchen spice racks that are available for your kitchen.  You can find spice racks that sit on your counter top or fit in a kitchen drawer.  There are a lot of different styles to choose from as well from simple plastic, wood, or fancy stylish racks.  For us, I think a nice wall spice rack that would be mounted on the wall above the stove would be perfect.  That way, everything will be right there when we need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails