Monday, April 16, 2012

It's Good to have Choices

I just got finished eating dinner, and I am sitting here relaxing,trying to decide what I am going to watch on television later this evening.  Right now, I am torn between watching the latest episode of The Voice on NBC or watching the Washington Capitals take on the Boston Bruins in the NHL playoffs.

It is good to have choices.  One of the reasons I am free to choose what I want to watch on television tonight is that my son went back to school today so I have free access to the television rather than him dictating.  The other reason is that I have a very reliable television provider so I do not have to worry much about an outage.

Having reliable television service hasn't always been the norm in our house.  For years, outside of a traditional antennae, we had one choice for television service, cable.  I have to say that we had a lot of trouble with our cable provider.  We frequently had service outages for hours at a time, and at one point multiple times during the week.  Customer service from our provider was non-existent because they were the only game in town.

After one particularly frustrating week of dealing with the cable company, I finally had enough.  This particular week, we had nearly daily outages.  After getting no satisfaction with customer service, I finally told them that I was going to switch to directtv.  The customer service rep replied, "That is your choice, sir," which was enough to seal the deal for me.

The next day, I went to a local retailer that installed direct tv.  They came out the next day, installed our dish, and had us watching crystal clear television in no time.  I was never more satisfied when I got to call the cable company to cancel my service with them.  They called every night for a week with all sorts of offers to get me back, which I declined.

I am no longer using DirecTV for my television needs.  I have moved on to another company that also provides my internet connection.  We were always happy with the service we received from DirecTV. If you are tired of dealing with your cable company and have considered going to satellite television, you can check out some of the offers available at www,dx3.net for DirecTV packages.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails