Friday, January 22, 2010

News Briefs 1/22/10

I am going to try something new tonight.  I am going to highlight two or three stories that caught my attention that I want to address briefly.  It may be something I thought was humorous, outrageous, or just really made me mad.  I am going to call these "News Briefs."  I am not sure yet if I will make this a regular feature, but thought I would give it a shot.

First up, is a story about a woman who punished her 12 year old son for getting bad grades.  Now I am not one of those parents who do not believe in instilling discipline in one's child.  I do not necessarily think it a bad thing to smack a child on their bottom when warranted.  This woman, however went well beyond the norm.  She was arrested in Georgia and charged with child and animal cruelty for forcing her child to kill his pet hamster as punishment.  What kind of sick, twisted freak could possibly conceive of doing something like this to their child and an innocent animal?  

Second story for tonight is the story of a man who was arrested and facing prostitution charges.  However, this brilliant piece of work was not arrested in some sex worker sting.  Nope.  He called police himself.  He paid a woman $150 for sex and then she decided not to live up to her end of the bargain.  The police arrested them both and charged them with prostitution charges.  Two things come to mind, if you are going to be engaged in an illegal activity such as soliciting prostitution, do you really think it's a good idea to call the cops if the deal fall through?  Second, if she did not actually have sex with the man for money, should she still be charged with prostitution?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to comment on the woman getting arrested in Georgia for child and animal cruelty. What was she thinking? She need her butt kicked because that type of punishment is nothing other than cruel. No child deserves to go through that type of cruelty. And the poor pet, how could she have done such a thing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is not fit to be a parent, thats for sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering the same thing MOB

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails