Thursday, January 21, 2010

Human Bed Warmers

Great SignImage via Wikipedia
The Holiday Inn hotel chain has announced a trial program in three of their hotels in Great Britain.  For hotel guests that wish to use the service, a hotel staffer will dress in a one piece fleece sleeper suit and slip between the sheets to warm the bed up for the guest

A sleep expert from the Edinburgh Sleep Center says that scientific evidence shows that sleep comes when body temperature starts to fall.  He say a warmer bed could help guests to sleep better whereas a cooler bed would tend to inhibit sleep.

Personally, I don't know about a warmer bed helping somebody to sleep.  I actually prefer a colder bed and colder room.  There is nothing I like more than to slide underneath some cool sheets and pulling the covers up around my head.  Besides, the mere thought of a stranger climbing into bed to warm it for me just sounds kind of creepy.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

  1. I heard about this earlier today on the radio. Very weird! How about electric blankets? I really don't want some stranger hopping into my bed with his jammies on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely a little too creepy for my taste

    ReplyDelete
  3. warm the bed up for the guest. ... good Opportunity to visit The Holiday Inn hotel...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't want to get into one of those beds after soemone else had been between the sheets. What happened to the good old fashioned hottie, anyway? A couple of those would do a better job and still be there to snuggle up to if you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. true, jakill, but how much sleep would you actually get with a couple of hotties there?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails