Sunday, April 11, 2010

Win a Hybrid Automobile with Giant Food and General Mills

I confess, I am not the "greenest" guy around. If you have been a regular reader here you might have come to the conclusion that I am anti-environment based on my stands on global warming and cap & trade type legislation.  That would actually be a faulty conclusion.  It is just that I would rather see people rewarded for positive behaviors rather than punished for using energy.

As I said, I am not the "greenest" guy around.  I do, however, try to do what I can.  My recycling bin tends to be a little fuller each week when I take it out to the curb with the rest of the garbage.  For a while, we were using CFL bulbs, but to be honest, the brand we were buying at BJ's has not been in stock lately, so we have switched back to the old fashioned bulbs of late.  We have accumulated several reusable grocery bags, and I try to remember to take them with me when I go to do my weekly shopping at the local Giant store.  They give me a nickle back for every reusable bag I bring in.  See, that is the reward thing I was talking about.

April 22nd is Earth Day.  Usually, I do not do anything special to commemorate Earth Day.  I am not any  more environmentally aware or active.  However, this year, I plan to take advantage of a promotion that Giant will be running in conjunction with General Mills for Earth Day.  For the two weeks of April 16-29, any time you purchase five participating General Mills items, use a reusable grocery bag, and use your Giant loyalty card, you will be entered to win a new 2010 Hybrid automobile.

How simple is that?  I probably do about 90% of my grocery shopping at Giant as it is.  I already try to use the reusable bags, and General Mills has such a wide variety of products to choose from that buying five items on one grocery trip should be simple.  I will probably pick up some Green Giant veggies, Yoplait yogurt, Pillsbury dough products, and Wanchai Ferry frozen entrees.  There will be different qualifying items each week of the promotion, or you can simply enter without a purchase in the store.

For telling you about this promotion, I will be receiving a $20 gift card courtesy of General Mills and Giant Food stores through MyBlogSpark.com.  In addition, they have made an addition $20 gift card available to readers of this blog.  To qualify, leave a comment about what you are doing for the environment or what General Mills products you would buy to qualify to win a new hybrid vehicle.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails