Friday, April 2, 2010

TGIF

According to the Catechism, Easter is not simp...Image via Wikipedia
Thank God It's Friday.  A lot of people are claiming this at the end of the work week.  It is always nice to have the weekend and the end of the work week.  I am particularly happy that the week is over, because it has been a brutal week for me.  Not so much because of the work week, but just a bunch of stuff that has happened to people close to me.

It all started on Sunday when I was chatting with a friend of mine on Facebook.  We had a pretty good chat going along catching up on what was going on in each of our lives.  By the time our chat was over, however, I discovered that he and his wife had separated and were probably headed for divorce.  That was the first of the bad news for the week.

Then I received a message from my mother on Twitter.  They had to rush my uncle to the hospital where they found what appeared to be a mass on his brain.  It turns out he had some bleeding in the brain and thought that he might have a cracked skull from a fall that occurred during the snowstorms.  I realized tonight that I have been remiss in checking on how he is doing because I have been so occupied with the sudden passing of my friend David Mills that I posted about a couple days ago.

On Thursday night, I updated my Facebook status to pay tribute to folks with cancer.  Another old high school friend happened to be on Facebook at the time.  She replied to my status and informed me that she was getting ready to undergo cancer treatment.

Finally today at work, they had to evacuate the building due to some fumes in the building.  After waiting outside for over an hour, they announced that it would be another two hours before they would consider letting people back in the building.  I had to leave to take my son to his psychiatrist appointment, so I called it an early day.  At the end of the appointment, his doctor informed us he was moving to another office.  Now we have to decide whether to choose another doctor in the practice or go to an office that is less convenient.

I suppose it is appropriate that a week like this week happens to end on Good Friday, the day of Christ's crucifixion.  A day when things looked bleakest for those who called themselves disciples of Jesus.  Then there was renewal when on Sunday morning it was discovered that Jesus had risen from the grave.  In this Easter season, I hope that all my friends and family will find peace, comfort and renewal.  
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a rough week. I hope things turn around on Sunday. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just a tad, but it is a brand new day and baseball season is getting ready to start. Happy Easter to you and your kids as well

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails