Friday, April 30, 2010

Have You Missed Me?

Vacuna influenza / Flu vaccineImage by alvi2047 via Flickr
I usually try to post something on this blog every day or two.  My last post was done on Sunday, but it was a Music Monday post, so I almost don't count it,  It is not that I have been exceptionally busy the last few days, though things are pretty hectic at the office right now.  I have been more than a bit under the weather.

It all started on Sunday.  My son decided at the last minute that he wanted to go to the Bowie Baysox game.  My brother in law had offered to buy tickets, so off we went.  As is usually my custom, I had a few large (24oz) draft beers while enjoying the game.

After the game, I went home, had dinner, and took a little nap on the couch.  When I woke up after my little siesta I had the worst headache.  I really did not have that much beer to have such a horrible headache but I chalked it up to the beer anyway.  I also had chills resulting a shakes.   I went to bed early that night.

Monday morning, I woke up and got ready for work.  I felt kind of achy and alternated between sweating and having chills, so I took my temperature.  It was 101.  Being the macho guy that I am, I thought I would be OK and headed off to work. Besides, I have a ton of projects on my plate write now.  I was wrong.  I felt worse as the day progressed and left the office about 1pm.  When I got home my temperature had risen to 103.

When I woke up Tuesday morning, I felt like shit, my head hurt, my body ached, and my balls ached.  The boys don't like it when your temperature gets too high.  I called out sick, made a doctor's appointment, and headed back to bed.  Shortly before my doctor's appointment, my temperature was 104.4.  I thought I was going to die.  He basically chalked it up to the flu, gave me some Tamiflu, and sent me off with an admonition about getting the flu shot.

I have to say that the fever this week has left me somewhat delusional.  I would lay in bed listening to the TV with my eyes closed, and some strange images would appear in my mind's eye.  I really can't describe them other than to say they had nothing to do with what I was listening to.  I also have been convinced for the past few days that Jack Black had died. Thanks to Al Gore's Amazing Internet I verified that was not true.

I still had a 102 fever when I woke up this morning, but today is the best I have felt all week.  I am feeling a little more "normal" each day.  Fortunately, it is the weekend and I have two more days to rest and regain my strength.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails