Friday, August 28, 2009

How Do They Sleep At Night?

CHICAGO - APRIL 15: Demonstrators participate ...Image by Getty Images via Daylife

Seriously, how do politicians sleep at night or how can they look at themselves in the mirror? I know that it has been a few days since the White House released their updated projection on the federal budget deficit for the next decade will be closer to $9 trillion as opposed to their original projection of $7 trillion.

The only reason I decided to post about it tonight was the headline that I saw when I received my CNSNews.com email news brief this morning. The headline read "Obama’s ‘Path Toward Fiscal Discipline’ is Paved with Average Annual Deficits of $900 Billion, Says White House Report."

This year's budget deficit is expected to be $1.58 trillion. Prior to taking office, the deficit in the last year of the Bush administration was $458 billion. The average deficit for the next 10 years is expected to be double the highest deficit prior to Obama taking office.

This is a "path toward fiscal discipline?" That they can say something like this with a straight face is simply mind boggling to me. What planet are these people living on? Do they really expect us to believe anything they say when they make asinine statements like these? I think I will go out this weekend and max out my credit cards. After all, if our out of control government spending is "fiscal discipline," then the same must hold true for me.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

9 comments:

  1. Maybe the same way a child molester sleeps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comparing liberals to child molesters! You two are high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bowie Mike, I said nothing about liberals. I said politicians. Of course liberals do want to protect pedophiles in the hate crime legislation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dickster, you're right. You didn't say liberals, but the point is the same. To suggest that any politician is comparable to a pedophile because of his or her contribution to deficit spending is absolutely crazy and I would think is offensive to anyone who has been victimized by a pedophile.

    Secondly, Peter King's assertion that the hate crimes bill would protect pedophiles has been shown to be incorrect.

    I cannot understand how a difference in philosophies allows you to believe that liberals have any interest whatsoever in helping pedophiles. Liberals are good people that have policy differences with you. They are not interested in helping pedophiles, and I cannot understand how you can reach that conclusion.

    From previous posts, I believe that you said that you don't like the hate crimes bill because those offenses are already covered by existing laws - or maybe that is what you said about cell phone laws - I forget. I get that. I don't share that viewpoint, but I respect and understand that viewpoint. What I don't get is the hate and name calling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Democrats did vote down an amendment to the hate crimes bill that would have excluded pedophiles from hate crimes protection.

    It is not so much a comparison of child molesters and politicians on a moral level so much as it is the lack of shame. Maybe Bernie Madoff would have been a better comparison.

    It was cell phones that I made the point about existing laws, but I feel the same way about the hate crimes bill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ready to close the book on this one. How 'bout those Baysox?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Baysox. I will be there Sunday but I don't think they will make the playoffs this year

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was working around the house last Saturday, and my wife yells out the door, "do you want to go to the Baysox game tonight with my father? It's at 6:35." We went, and it turned out to be an away game, so we had dinner instead. When I got home, she asked how the game was. I said, "I don't know. Maybe I should call someone in Reading, Pennsylvania to find out."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails