Monday, April 12, 2010

Music Monday-Kenny Chesney "Who You'd Be Today"

Today was a tough day.  Today was the day they buried my old friend David.  David had a full life, but he passed away too soon.  He was only 48. I was trying to figure out what song to post today for Music Monday.  First I thought about "Funeral for a Friend" by Elton John, but it really wasn't my thing.  Then I thought about posting something by Prince, since David was on to Prince before he became popular.  Instead, I decided on Kenny Chesney's "Who You'd Be Today."

While all the lyrics of the song do not necessarily apply to my old friend, several do and I have included the pertinent lyrics below.  It might not be David's style of music, but it is how I feel today.

Sunny days seem to hurt the most
Wear the pain like a heavy coat
I feel you everywhere I go
I see your smile, I see your face
I hear you laughing in the rain
Still can't believe you're gone

It ain't fair you died too young
Like a story that had just begun
The death tore the pages all away
God knows how I miss you
All the hell that I've been through
Just knowing no one could take your place
 

Sunny days seem to hurt the most
I wear the pain like a heavy coat
The only thing that gives me hope
Is I know I'll see you again someday


Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the actual post link here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.

PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. hello dickster's sir, nice personal blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained it, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails