Thursday, July 16, 2009

Go Veggie!


I am not usually a fan of PETA. To me they are just another left wing organization trying to impose their values on society. I had to chuckle a couple weeks ago when they got their panties all bunched in a wad when Barack Obama swatted and killed a fly. It was a germ carrying pest for crying out loud.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few things they believe in that I can support. For one, I can not tolerate anybody that would abuse an animal. There are some aspects of animal testing that I would disagree with, but there are a great many medical breakthroughs that have come about by testing on animals. Truth be told, if steak did not come shrink wrapped on a Styrofoam tray, and I had to kill and butcher it myself, I don't think I could (that is one reason I am not a hunter.)

Yesterday, PETA had their annual "Go Veggie" campaign on Capitol Hill with Playboy Playmates dressed in lettuce bikinis serving veggie hot dogs. Some of those veggie dogs aren't bad though, especially with a little mustard. I once read the book "Diet For A Small Planet" and for a while, the thought of eating meat made my stomach turn. I did try a vegetarian diet for several weeks, but could not stick with it.

To be honest, I should try to cut back on my meat consumption and eat more vegetarian meals. Hmmm. For some reason, I am really craving a salad right now.



Related articles by Zemanta

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if they're the best representatives to steer men away from eating meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably not, but they do get their attention

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see.... Where do I need to sign again? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to find out about these things before so that I can attend these newsworthy events with my trusty Nikon D40x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails