Thursday, October 22, 2009

Riding With The King

When I was a kid, my favorite race car driver was Richard Petty, mainly because we have the same first name.  Besides being my favorite NASCAR driver he is also the greatest and well earned the nickname "The King."  During his career, Petty won the NASCAR championship seven times, the Daytona 500 seven times, and 200 career races, all NASCAR records.   Last week, NASCAR announced their inaugural inductions into their newly formed hall of fame.  In pretty much a no brainer, Petty was among the inductees.

While these trade shows that I attend are a lot of work, and a lot of walking, they aren't all work.  Yesterday, I went by the Hunt Brothers Pizza booth who sponsor one of the cars that Petty owns.  The King was there signing autographs.  I was honored to have a few moments to talk with and shake hands with the greatest driver NASCAR has ever seen.  Not only is he a great driver, he is truly a gentleman as well.  Here I am below with Richard Petty.

 
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Richard Petty is the man. I cheered for him a lot back in the day too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails