Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Arrested For Being Nude At Home

I recently started using Twitter.  On my Blackberry, I use TweetCaster by Handmark to read and send my tweets.  During lunch today, I was reading a few tweets when I read one that caught my eye.  It was particularly interesting because it is a local story to the DC area.  Tip of the hat to Leslie Blanchard at The Progressive Patriot who sent the original tweet. 

Last week, a man in Springfield, Virginia was arrested and is facing indecent exposure charges for being nude in his own home.  He was home alone last week and at 5:30 in the morning went downstairs to make himself some coffee.  Since he was in the privacy of his own home, and alone, he did not feel the need to get dressed first.  Unfortunately, a woman and a seven year old child were passing by and saw him through his window.  The woman called the police, and they arrested him.

I don't know about you, but depending on the time of day, I do not always have clothes on when I am in my house.  There have been times when after showering in the morning, if the laundry is still in the basement laundry room, that I have gone downstairs to get clothes,  I have stepped into the kitchen on some of those occasions to start the coffee brewing so that it would be ready when I finish dressing.  Fortunately, I have curtains in the window, so I don't think anybody can see in. 


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

7 comments:

  1. The story that you provided was from the perspective of the man arrested. The woman who saw him offers a different story. He says it happened at 5:30am. She says 8:40am. He said he was in his kitchen. She said he was standing in an open door. I wasn't there, but somebody is not telling the truth. I don't know these people, and I didn't have the luxury that the police had of interviewing and investigating. But I do feel confident that there is not a conspiracy on the part of the police to target naked people in their homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a load of crap! I sometimes wander in the garage to get clothes out of my dryer while in my boxers. It wasn't like that guy was playing with his monkey in the window. The judge should toss this charge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, Mike. I had not seen that one. A conspiracy? No, but there is increasing intrusion on what one can do in the privacy of their own home. If the woman's story is true in that he went out of his way to be seen a second time, then maybe it is warranted.

    Casey, I am with you, but it looks like it could be a case of he said she said after looking at the link Bowie Mike provided

    ReplyDelete
  5. The guy was in his house, that is his business. If you don't want to see naked people, stop staring in their doors and windows. I mean really, it isn't like the guy was outside going to the mailbox or something.

    What will people be arrested for next. =/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its ridiculous bro. On your own house? Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No matter who is telling the whole story, things like this make me nervous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails