Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pelosi Wants to Raise Taxes on EVERYTHING

Yesterday, I gave Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi a small bit of praise for honoring the Dalai Lama for his humanitarian efforts.  Today, I am reminded of why I can't stand the woman.

In an interview on the Charlie Rose Show, he asks her about the possibility of implementing a Value Added Tax.  Pelosi looks positively giddy (or dare I say it, aroused) in saying that the VAT tax should be on the table.  She, like most Democrats, never met a tax increase they didn't like.

A VAT tax adds a tax at every stage of the manufacturing process where "value" is added to the item.  This tax is in addition to personal income taxes and corporate income taxes.  The chief problem with such a tax is that all of the burden for all these additional taxes falls on the final consumer, and is highly regressive as it impacts the lower and middle income folks the most. 

Take a look at this video and just watch how her eyes light up at the prospect of raising taxes.  Also, listen to the example she uses of the automobile industry.  Does she make any sense at all?

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Adgitize and I am glad I did!!

    I have given you an award over at Candles, Crafts and Whatnot. Congrats!

    :) Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dickster!

    Long time visitor to your site :)
    This perhaps is my favorite post to date.
    You are so right -- it is in her eyes. Pelosi, and the rest of the Dem leadership -- truly craves taking our money.

    My biggest problem with the idea of this Obama World order is that the ones raising our taxes are actually quite rich, but need our meager earnings more than we do :)

    Thanks!

    JLancaster
    www.taxtipsfordemocRats.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks KAT

    JL, isn't that the truth. After all, they know how to spend our hard earned money better than we do.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails